What does the PTA do for our Graham Hill community?
The Graham Hill Parent Teacher Association as it's name implies is a group of parents, teachers, staff and students who are organized to work together to strengthen the experience of our students.
The PTA’s mission is to bring together the Graham Hill population of teachers, staff, children and parents to:
- build community
- enrich academics
- promote an inviting and safe environment
- create an exceptional place for all
Each year the Graham Hill PTA:
- Organizes numerous school events like Fall Fest and Heritage Night to bring our community together and honor our diversity. Last year the PTA hosted 18 family events to bring our community together and celebrate families and education.
- Provides funding for programs to enhance academic excellence and help Graham Hill students succeed such as:
- Powerful Writers
- Discover Dance
- Explorations in Math
- Mandarin language exchange program
- Classroom tutors for each grade level
- Field trip buses
- Classroom supply funds
- Collaborates closely with the school leadership to provide support across a wide variety of initiatives such as enhancing the arts and supporting science curriculum in the clasrooms.
- Maintains various building and grounds projects through organized work parties and playground enhancement projects to create a vibrant and engaging environment for our community
Because we are an inclusive community, the PTA works to compliment the amazing work of Graham Hill’s teachers and staff for the benefit of all.
The PTA holds it general meetings on the 2nd Tuesday of every other month during the school year (Sept. to June).
These meetings are open to anyone and everyone in the school community (parents, teachers, staff, etc.). To get a sense of what takes place at these meetings, check out the minutes.
The meetings start at 6:30pm and last until around 8:00pm. Dinner is generally served prior to the meeting starting at 6:00pm and child care is provided for preK-elementary school ages.
The PTA Board meets on the 4th Tuesday of each month. This meeting is also open to anyone.
- Seattle Council PTSA - a citywide coalition of local PTAs charged with supporting, coordinating, facilitating, and serving the needs of the local units.
- Washington State PTA - a branch of the National Congress of Parents and Teachers which seeks to bring together the home, school and community on behalf of all children and youth.
- National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) - the largest volunteer child advocacy association in the nation, National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) reminds our country of its obligations to children and provides parents and families with a powerful voice to speak on behalf of every child while providing the best tools for parents to help their children be successful students. Our PTA ID is 24884.