Editing can be simple.
Anyone who wants to post or to edit is welcome to try their hand at it. Follow these steps.
- On almost all pages, there's a row of buttons at the bottom of the page. The first button is edit. Click that, and a box should appear.
- Everything in that box controls what is otherwise shown on the page. You can edit anything in the box.
- Above the edit box, there are a series of control buttons to help you format, insert web-links, images, and other neat tricks. If you've got a little more time, check out these bells and whistles.
- It's easy to revert any page back to a previous version, so don't worry about messing anything up. You can also preview your edits before saving any updates.
- Once you're done, click the save button at the bottom of the page.
If your edits don't look right, don't worry about it. Send a help request if you're stumped. We can clean it up later. The important thing is for you to get in there and tinker.
Unless you're signed in as a wikidot member, your edits are virtually anonymous, tracked only by your computer's IP address. You need a wikidot account to have your name show. That's free and pretty painless. The link for signup is at the top right of the page.