These days, we all sure could use some easy wins. Wouldn't it be super if there were a simple way to do all this:
- Save money easily — on groceries, at shops around town, and in fun family outings.
- Raise needed funds for tutoring, supplies, and after-school activities, and many other valuable programs at Graham Hill.
- Live locally, make healthy choices, and find alternatives that are convenient and sustainable.
Well we've got it. Chinook Book is Seattle's guide to simple, approachable, affordable ideas for local living. As a coupon book, it's incredibly easy to use. I penciled it out — every year our family saves about $150 per book, and that's before we even start trying. I love this fundraiser, because these books pretty much sell themselves.
Here's a sampling:
- $5 off a $50 purchase at PCC, and more from other area groceries.
- $15 off at Bartell’s
- $15 off at Stewart Lumber on Rainier.
- Four half-price scoops at Full Tilt Ice Cream in Columbia City.
- Four free metro tickets.
- Four walk-on ferry passes.
- Plus meaningful discounts at Goodwill, REI, restaurants, theaters, and much more.
When you sell a paper book for $20, the school gets $10 of that. A really handy electronic coupon pack for iPhone and Android users costs $10, with $6 going to the school. Sell them both together for $25, and the school gets $11.
To buy these, and to help sell them, please contact Scott Ringgold (dad to Nicolas and Jonas) at 329-5912, moc.liamtoh|nalpttocs#moc.liamtoh|nalpttocs
Chinook Book Mobile
For years I've been a fan of the paper books. They've got more than 500 local coupons, useful ideas, and lots of pointers to area resources. We usually keep one handy when we're about town.
But the mobile coupons are really convenient, because they're always in your pocket. A coupon pack includes more than 400 coupons (identical to the book, minus the ones for individual grocery items).
- As you travel around town, you can locate coupons that are nearby.
- You can easily search for retailers by name.
- You can tag coupons you plan to use.
- You can share a coupon pack across three different phones.
- Mobile coupons are valid until 8/31/2012 and are available on iPhone or Android.
The pack is a slim brochure with an unlock code tucked into the rear flap. Download the free Chinook app, enter the code, and your coupons are loaded. If you buy the mobile coupon pack together with the paper book, that's $25. If you buy it separately, it's $10.
Below I've pasted images from a bunch of the coupons we used last year and plan to redeem this year. Browse them and see if they'd be useful to you too.
Loading and locating relevant coupons is easy. Below is a selection of nearby deals we've used — grab the scrollbar at the bottom to check them out. Or check out this south Seattle map.